By Marissa G. Muller
If Taylor Swift ever needed a plan B, she could easily become a wedding singer — and if so, her BFF Lena Dunham would likely call her up.
Swift shared the lyrics to a bonus track from 1989 on Instagram in the wee hours of Friday (Oct. 17), via a small piece of paper surrounded by flowers.
“One night he wakes/ Strange look on his face / Pauses, then says / You’re my best friend/ And you knew what it was/ He is in love,” the lyrics read.
Lena Dunham apparently has some feelings about the currently unreleased song. She responded to the post on Twitter, saying, “My someday wedding song, as you know.”
If Dunham’s someday wedding came now, that would mean she’s getting hitched to fun. and Bleachers‘ Jack Antonoff, who she’s been dating for quite some time now. Coincidentally, or not, Antonoff worked with Taylor Swift on 1989. The artist co-wrote Swift’s latest single “Out of the Woods.”
Now that they’re all tight friends, it’s perhaps a no-brainer that Swift would perform the song live for Dunham at her wedding, should that day come soon. But maybe she can also sing it on Dunham’s hit show Girls — or at least stop by to mentor aspiring pop star character Marnie.
Read more on Radio.com
- Harry Styles Reveals That He Named One Direction
- Harry Styles on Honest Approach to Solo Material
- Sam Smith Shares Intimate Look at the Making of ‘The Thrill of It All’
- Pink’s Love Letter to Eminem Leads to ‘Revenge’
- Alessia Cara, John Legend, Ellie Goulding, More Set for New Season of ‘Sesame Street’