By Kevin Rutherford
Ariana Grande is coming to the big screen — or, at least a part of her is.
The Wrap reports that Grande has been added to the cast of Underdogs, an upcoming animated film from the Weinstein Company.
The pop singer will play one of the leads in the film, Laura, who is the love interest of main character Jake, a foosball player voiced by Glee‘s Matthew Morrison.
Nicholas Hoult, Katie Holmes, Taran Killam, Bobby Moynihan, John Leguizamo and Chazz Palminteri are among the other actors currently attached to the project.
Underdogs follows Jake as he stands up to the bully Ace (Hoult), who becomes a star soccer player and begins to wreck their hometown by turning it into a giant sports stadium — and kidnapping Laura in the process. But then the foosball players from Jake’s game come to life and they embark on a quest to right what has been wronged.
Currently, the film is set for an April 10, 2015, release in both 2D and 3D. It was originally released in 2013 in Argentina and Spain, with different actors lending their voices to the project.
Read more on Radio.com
- Harry Styles Reveals That He Named One Direction
- Harry Styles on Honest Approach to Solo Material
- Sam Smith Shares Intimate Look at the Making of ‘The Thrill of It All’
- Pink’s Love Letter to Eminem Leads to ‘Revenge’
- Alessia Cara, John Legend, Ellie Goulding, More Set for New Season of ‘Sesame Street’