By Shannon Carlin
Grande helped kickoff the latest football season last night (Sept. 4) with her spot-on version of “The Star-Spangled Banner” at the Seattle Seahawks vs. Green Bay Packers game, which the Seahawks would go on to win 36 to 16.
Dressed in jeans and a bedazzled Seahawks jersey, Grande made her country proud by effortlessly hitting all the right notes and singing all the right words. Harder than you think, just ask Christina Aguilera.
Before the game at Seattle’s CenturyLink Field, Pharrell, wearing a hat and surrounded by female dancers wearing varsity jackets with the word “Girl” emblazoned on the back, he performed “Come Get It Bae” sans Miley Cyrus and “Happy,” changing a few lyrics to fit the occasion.
“Here come that team talking this and that/But give it all you got and don’t hold it back/I should probably tell you they’ll be just fine/No offense, other team, but don’t waste your time,” he sang.
Soundgarden also performed, though only one song was played on television, “Been Away for Too Long.” Not that Chris Cornell seemed to mind, tweeting after the performance, “Great crowd!”
Chris Cornell (@chriscornell) September 04, 2014
More Ariana Grande on Radio.com
- Bruno Mars, Ariana Grande, Backstreet Boys and More Light Up We Can Survive 2016
- Bruno Mars to Headline 4th Annual We Can Survive Concert
- Mac Miller, Ariana Grande Make Beautiful Music on ‘My Favorite Part’
- Ariana Grande Might Be on the ‘Hunger Games: Mockingjay’ Soundtrack
- We Can Survive Recap: Taylor Swift, Pharrell, Ariana Grande Dazzle the Hollywood Bowl